Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Rush


Write me a love letter
And I’ll write one for you
My will eager soars for a chance with romance
To the point of foolish rhymes
My tender dizzy aspirations climb

I sigh
For moments to meet words with a flurry of blush
Deepened with a natural flush
Of blood pounded out by fevered heart

I can feel your nearness and our possibility
I will make you melt with thoughts of me
I’m
            Itching
                        Fingers twitching
My lips bite themselves thinking, guessing, wanting
Wondering
            Will you hold me
                        All night long?
Will the way you speak my name make me believe in God?
Whispering I’m waiting
Small slips of my soul reaching
Feeling a sort of empty
That doesn’t cut too deep
Because, I swear
            When I close my eyes and think of you
                        I taste heaven. 


Happy Wednesday erryone! Haven't posted in a few days so I thought I would. 

This poem is really unlike most things I write since it doesn't end in dark and doom. Normally I think this kind of writing is tacky and teenager love crap, but I'm going to share it with you anyway to show that I like to try new things sometimes. It's so easy to convey angst, it's so easy to write when you're angry because it's so concrete. You can boil in anger if you're not careful, and write pages upon pages about it as it festers. But writing when you're happy and not make it sound like you're from Kansas (you know, because corn?), is hard. Granted, everyone has felt that irrational (maybe rational) feeling of love (or lust) in their life and can understand such writings, but that doesn't make them any less nauseating. I hope this poem didn't make you feel sick.... 

In hind sight, here are some religious motifs in it, not sure if on purpose or not, nor if they are intended to be blasphemous or apprehensive about love and stuff but... Please critique if you'd like or give me an opinion, I like hearing other people's views, and I hope that y'all have a great rest of the week! Godspeed. ~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment